In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Saint Peter Missionary Baptist Church history is rich. We continue to be led by the Spirit of God, in the Community He has placed us to serve as a Light.
Pastor Eric Vincent Thomas, Preacher, Teacher is the Pastor of the Saint Peter Missionary Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia.
EVANGELISM REACHING outside the Walls of Our Church EDIFICATION TEACHING the Word of God, and FELLOWSHIP NURTURING the Young, Lost, and Forgotten
Check back here to see our upcoming events calendar.
Learn about Sponsors, Benefactors, and Giving.
Submit your prayer request.
Feel free to view some of the church recommended helpful links.